Some complex disputes require the services of a lawyer with a very special set of skills, and a breadth of experience different to that of most legal professionals.
With a thirty-year career as a lawyer, manager, mediator, facilitator and investigator, Jim Brooks has the expertise to achieve outstanding results in even the most sensitive or difficult of cases.
Having managed high-profile and much publicised inquiries and disputes and programs, Jim Brooks has excellent communication skills – essential in the management of culturally sensitive matters or those in the public eye.
Jim Brooks is a nationally accredited mediation law specialist, with experience in commercial, industrial, native title and human rights disputes. He has a proven track record as an outcome-oriented, pragmatic achiever.
- Deputy Commissioner, Family Responsibilities Commission
- General Manager Cape York Land Council
- Regional Director, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission
- Regional Director, Anti-Discrimination Commission of Queensland
- Manager – National Inquiry into the Separation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children from their Families)
- Acting Registrar, Anti-Discrimination Tribunal, Brisbane
- Investigator – National Crime Authority
- Team Leader – Official Receiver’s Office
- Regional Director – Melbourne Censorship Office
- Sole legal practitioner – 9 years
- Mediator – 20+ years
The liability of this practice is limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation